Re: cd burning: advice wanted

Subject: Re: cd burning: advice wanted
From: Thomas Gerwin (inter.art.project@t-online.de)
Date: Fri May 07 1999 - 04:16:02 EDT

I am using Adaptec Toast 3.5 to copy a CD (data or music) very fast. I put
the original into my CD-ROM slot in the computer and drag the icon onto
the Adaptec mask. That's it! I never had problems with it (4x, 2x or 1x)

Best TG

--
Thomas Gerwin
i n t e r   a r t   p r o j e c t

---> For more information on my work, please visit <--- http://www.swo.de/ThomasGerwin !!!NEW: Some TG. soundfiles now available on the page!!! Please listen.

Garth Paine schrieb: > > Hi Mike, > > >Has anyone else had any problems with Toast's Digital Audio Extraction, and > >if so, do they have any advice? > > I have never been able to copy an audio CD direct using Toast. I always > extract it onto the hard disk (over night so I don't have to sit around and > wait for it) and then burn the new disc, laborious but much much safer. > > I even tried the process at 2x and 1x instead of 4x, but no different. I > guess Toast is extracting the audio and then re-encoding it to audio CD > standard, and that makes it slow. > > Cheers, > > Garth > > BTW: note that I have changed email and www addresses to > garth@activatedspace.com.au > http://www.activatedspace.com.au > > ,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,. > Activated Space > . Composer, Sound Designer, Installation Artist > .. Interactives Designer, Exhibition Consultant > http://www.activatedspace.com.au > .,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.