Re: cd burning: advice wanted

Subject: Re: cd burning: advice wanted
From: Garth Paine (garth@activatedspace.com.au)
Date: Thu May 06 1999 - 20:09:56 EDT

Hi Mike,

>Has anyone else had any problems with Toast's Digital Audio Extraction, and
>if so, do they have any advice?

I have never been able to copy an audio CD direct using Toast. I always
extract it onto the hard disk (over night so I don't have to sit around and
wait for it) and then burn the new disc, laborious but much much safer.

I even tried the process at 2x and 1x instead of 4x, but no different. I
guess Toast is extracting the audio and then re-encoding it to audio CD
standard, and that makes it slow.

Cheers,

Garth

BTW: note that I have changed email and www addresses to
garth@activatedspace.com.au
http://www.activatedspace.com.au

Activated Space
. Composer, Sound Designer, Installation Artist
.. Interactives Designer, Exhibition Consultant
http://www.activatedspace.com.au