Re: Mixing it...

Subject: Re: Mixing it...
From: Alexandra Hettergott (a.hettergott@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Thu May 06 1999 - 14:53:33 EDT

 Mat.Adkins wrote:

>Here in the U.K. we now have a new magazine dedicated
> to, and titled "Computer Music". This, as you can imagine has
>absolutely nothing
> in common with the "Computer Music Journal". As a consequence we now
> have students asserting that DJ Shadow is the greatest Computer
>Musician alive!
>Trying telling them about the CMJ and .....
...and why *not* ?, isn't this yet a heating up of the separation discussion you
mention first? Is the exclusion/neglection from the one side any better than the
other way round? And does it further bringing the discussion in question to any
proper terms?
Much better to mention both journals, as you're just doing, in one breath showing
(aesthetically, ideologically) heterogeneous facets of producing (different) sounds
by using the same means...
Alexandra Hettergott