Re: cd burner

Subject: Re: cd burner
From: Alexandra Hettergott (a.hettergott@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Thu May 06 1999 - 14:17:25 EDT

>hello, it's me again with another technical question...
>
>i'm shopping for a CD burner at the moment and would like to know what
>people on this list use. I'm thinking about possibly buying the LaCie 4x12.
>Does anybody have any advice?
>
>thank you, emmanuel

--If you don't insist on SCSI which will, after all, certainly run faster: there are
(presumably) out-running models for IDE /Atapi more cheaply available now (at least
here), so I just recently bought a Philips CD-RW drive (CDD 3610) for myself which
had no problems at all so far; moreover Philips certainly is a reliable address in CD
aspects. With this drive you can make both audio and data R- and RW-CDs using
different sources (from hard disk, by CD copying etc.) and even in a mixed manner,
the additional software (Adaptec EasyCD Creator and DirectCD) providing several
standards (ISO9660 etc.); burning tracks with and without the 2 secs between is an
optional choice. -- Actually, I have really been excited (and still am), since I did
never experience so *few* problems in upgrading my machine with respect to both soft
and hardware so far, as more as it is not (at all) running with 300 MHz...
However, good luck,
Alexandra Hettergott.