Re: Need advise on a stereo mic for portable DAT

Subject: Re: Need advise on a stereo mic for portable DAT
From: Eric Somers (somers@sunydutchess.edu)
Date: Wed May 05 1999 - 22:45:01 EDT

At 09:34 AM 5/6/1999 +0800, you wrote:
>For hand-held recording in the field, the AT825 can be a bit of a
>problem. I would get a kind of "boinging" sound from some kind of
>spring-like moving parts inside the mic from the slightest motion!

Perhaps you had a defective mic. We have never noticed this though as a
hand held mic it does pick up finger motion. It is not a vocal mic
designed for finger movement while in use. It also picks up wind and I
cannot find a really good windscreen for it. It is a capacitor mic and I
don't think there are any "spring-like" moving parts.

- Eric