techy help needed...

Subject: techy help needed...
From: Katharine Norman (K.Norman@gold.ac.uk)
Date: Wed May 05 1999 - 06:40:00 EDT

I wonder if I could bother the list with a techy query, and pass on this
from our Studio Manager. We'd be grateful for any advice....please reply to
I.Stonehouse@gold.ac.uk

thanks!

Katharine

The computers concerned are 7100/80PPC with OS8.0

>Does anyone know how to cure vanishing mouse cursors?
>
>We're running several Macs with Logic Audio Platinum v.3.5/3.6, MESA, and
>GRM Tools, and having just installed Nortons Anti Virus v.5.0 and Norton
>Utilities v4.0, we now have a problem with the mouse cursor vanishing from
>the dektop. I've tried turning off Norton extensions, but to no avail.
>
>I have since de-installed NAV and Norton Utilities from two computers and
>the problem still persists. I'm assuming there is a conflict that's arisen
>since installing NAV/Utilities, and/or this has modified some settings or
>preferences, causing the vanishing mouse trick.
>
>Any clues ?
>
>many thanks
>
>ian stonehouse

*****
Dr Katharine Norman
Director
Electronic Music Studios
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London SE14 6NW

+44 (0)171 919 7986 (direct) +44 (0)171 919 7643 (studio)
+44 (0)171 919 7640 (music dept office)
fax (0)171 919 7644 email: K.Norman@gold.ac.uk
http://musicinfo.gold.ac.uk/music/staff/norman.html
*****