G.E.M.S. IN CONCERT MONDAY MAY 17TH

Subject: G.E.M.S. IN CONCERT MONDAY MAY 17TH
From: Marcel Wierckx (mwierc@po-box.mcgill.ca)
Date: Wed May 05 1999 - 01:31:30 EDT

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE......

G.E.M.S. LIVE IN CONCERT, MONDAY MAY 17TH AT 8:00 PM.

McGill University Faculty of Music
555 Sherbrooke St. West
Montréal
admission $5

g.e.m.s. (group of the electronic music studio) is pleased to announce our
final concert of the season, to be held Monday May 17th at 8:00 pm, in
Pollack Hall at McGill University's Faculty of Music, 555 Sherbrooke St.
West.

We are happy to have as our special guest clarinetist Jean-Guy Boisvert,
who will be performing live interactive works by lanza (ektenes III),
Settel (Eschroadepipel), and Pennycook (Praescio IV). Also on the program
are world premieres by Marcel Wierckx (From Heaven, Through the World, to
Hell for actress-singer, CD and computer, performed by Juliana Pivato), and
Hiroya Miura (Musica Barocustica for harpsichord, guitar, viola da gamba
and computer).

Admission is $5, tickets are available at the Pollack Hall box office.