Re: And from Outer Space, At a Deadly Pace ...

Subject: Re: And from Outer Space, At a Deadly Pace ...
From: Daniel Leduc. (leducd@ERE.UMontreal.CA)
Date: Sat May 01 1999 - 20:00:01 EDT

You'll find pictures of the record 'Sound of Earth' in Carl Sagan's Cosmos
book.

Side A (is it the Side B ?) contains the recording itself, Side B (but is
it the Side A ?) contains pictures with instructions (brought by Radio
Schack?).

You will also find some informations at the following URL...

http://www.contact-themovie.com/cmp/int-druyan.html

...but, unfortunaly, there's only a picture of the Side A (or is it the
Side B) of the recording.

BTW, it seems that the recording was launched around the day Gleen Gould
died. The recording contains a Johann Sebastian Bach's piece played by
Gould. Suprising accident, isn't? Unfortunaly, I don't remember were I read
this information, so, I don't know how exact it is.

dan. (who should be an astrophysician with a post-doctoral degree and no
job - just like a composer and teacher of electroacoustic music, indeed ! -
)

>>It is indeed somehow sad to think that the disc that the Voyager is
>>carrying is analog, to be read by a stylus, but the NASA engineers didn't
>>include a turntable upon which to play it!
>

>Didn't they include instructions on how to play it back, and wouldn't that
>be easier to decode than digital information?
>

>Eric Lanzillotta
><eric@anomalousrecords.com>
>
>Anomalous Records
>P.O. Box 22195, Seattle, WA 98122-0195, USA
>telephone: (206) 328-9339 fax: (206) 328-9408
><http://www.anomalousrecords.com/>
><http://www.anomalousrecords.com/Streamline/>

Daniel Leduc (D.Mus. M.Mus.) * To be is to do (Socrate)
leducd@ere.umontreal.ca * To do is to be (Sartre)
leduc.daniel@uqam.ca * To be do be do (Sinatra)
                   http://www.er.uqam.ca/nobel/s14370
     "Je suis un mensonge qui dit toujours la verite" (Cocteau)