fwd: networked audio video

Subject: fwd: networked audio video
From: Darren Copeland (darcope@interlog.com)
Date: Thu Apr 29 1999 - 10:08:45 EDT

Forwarded from the XCHANGE list which is a good list for action relating to
live netcasting.

- Darren

>Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 22:08:30 -0700
>To: XCHANGE@re-lab.net, ncra-info@chebucto.ns.ca
>From: Susan Kennard <susan@banff.org>
>Subject: (Xchange) networked audio video
>Sender: owner-xchange@re-lab.net
>
>Banff Centre for the Arts in collaboration with Radio 90 is hosting an
>event about networked audio/video . The event is called Synch or Stream,
>May 15 - 17, 1999 and it will be a think tank into and about audio and
>video delivery over the internet. We are bringing an international group
>of people together to discuss the current situation with net audio and
>video, discuss the technologies available, resources, training, linking up
>international communities, collaborative projects and the opportunities
>that may exist within this technology. Synch or Stream will consider
>technology and policy issues and assist in the development of emerging
>creative forms. The event will convene artists, technicians, researchers
>and companies, policy makers, broadcasters and network designers, as well
>as communities with limited access or economic resources engaged in radio
>and video distribution.
>
>The event will be comprised of a conference, an on-line festival and a
>training environment and will be taking place in Banff, Alberta Canada.
>For more information or to register please contact:
>Susan Kennard
>Telephone: 1 403 762 6481
>Fax: 1 403 762 6665
>email susan@banff.org
>http://www.banffcentre.ab.ca
>

> | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
>(a) (c) (o) (u) (s) (t) (i) (c) ( ) (s) (p) (a) (c) (e)
> | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
>information&comunication channel | for net.broadcasters
>http://xchange.re-lab.net (Xchange) net.audio network
>xchange search/webarchive: http://xchange.re-lab.net/a/

Darren Copeland

--------
darcope@interlog.com

For more background on my work, contact my web site at:
http://www.interlog.com/~darcope

Click on New Adventures in Sound for more information about Sound Travels.

For info about the CEC, contact their web site at:
http://cec.concordia.ca