Spiderman 3-D Sound

Subject: Spiderman 3-D Sound
From: Charlie Richmond (charlier@show-control.com)
Date: Sat Apr 17 1999 - 11:01:23 EDT

We recently got some good press for our contribution of a multichannel
3-D environmental sound system for this new ride.. Here our announcement:

RSD CREDITED IN 'WIRED' MAGAZINE FEATURE ON SPIDERMAN RIDE

Richmond Sound Design Ltd., Vancouver, Canada, manufacturer and
developer of sound and show control systems for themed and
performance environments is pleased to report that we were one of
four suppliers noted for their contribution to the central ride
at Universal Studios' multibillion dollar 'Islands of Adventure'
theme park - 'The Amazing Adventures of SpiderMan.'

Mentioned on page 202 in the May issue of 'Wired' Magazine, our
contribution was a specially engineered version of the AudioBox,
designed to endure 15G vibration and shock forces continuously
while manipulating 16 channels of 3-D sounds for a minimum of 10
years.

To accomplish this, we incorporated a special solid-state hard
disk drive of the type used in airplane 'black box' flight
recorders for storage of audio, spatial sound moves and show
control programming.

For more information, please visit our web site:

http://www.richmondsounddesign.com

or mailto:charlier@show-control.com

+- Charlie Richmond-Richmond Sound Design-Vancouver, Canada -+
+------------ http://www.richmondsounddesign.com ------------+
+- To get info or join the Show Control Mailing List go to: -+
+--------- http://www.show-control.com/sclist.html ----------+
+----- Free Web Host Site for Sound Designers - go to: ------+
+-------- http://www.theatre-sound.com/tsindex.html ---------+
"Lo, thus, by day my limbs, by night my mind
 For thee, and for myself, no quiet find." - Sonnet XXVII