Re: ProTools

Subject: Re: ProTools
From: Kevin Busby (busbykg@novell2.bham.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Apr 16 1999 - 07:53:16 EDT

>i've got an iMac, and i want to use ProTools on it.
>
>Does someone know where i can find a free copy of ProTools to use it
>without an audiocard?

Digidesign was at one time offering a free copy of Pro Tools V. 3.4, but
this promotion is now over. You could try to beg a copy from Digidesign,
but
I don't think it's likely to run on your iMac anyway, for hardware and OS
reasons. The "new" G3 machines are not yet Digidesign-approved (see
http://www.digidesign.com/news/indxpress20.html)

Kevin

--
Kevin Busby, Studio Manager, Department of Music, University of Birmingham,
Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT, England. Tel: +44-(0)121-414 5785.