Re: A little old-fashioned yet not completely out of use...

Subject: Re: A little old-fashioned yet not completely out of use...
From: Alexandra Hettergott (a.hettergott@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Thu Apr 15 1999 - 08:09:07 EDT

-- It is this idea of a "trap" which I am finding challenging in this context,
too...: why "trap" -- because of the disappointed expectations ? Yet is
multi-stimulation disappointing at all, and what "expectations", anyway ? Have these
expectations yet been fulfilled in Richard Wagner ?, after Wagner ? Wagner's
"gesamtkunstwerke" (which is, though German, after all a more ancient term for
"happenings") are "open" and "multi-climactical", too. Is it our stimulus culture
which demands a "multi-stimulating" work-oeuvre, then, the work "as" stimulus ?
-- Okay, some improvisation for further stimulation....
Best & thanks,
Alexandra Hettergott.