Re: Assignment 5C?

Subject: Re: Assignment 5C?
From: Emmanuel Madan (pear@CAM.ORG)
Date: Fri Apr 09 1999 - 17:12:17 EDT

Objective: to engage in an artistic tradition that is emphatically tied to
the community from which it springs, and from which I spring

Process: ask the questions Why? How? Who?
- why is this piece created?
- how is it created? what about the tools which were used to make the
piece? how were they created?
- by whom, for whom is this piece created? whose experiences does the work
reflect?

Document: why do I dislike the documentation phase of any creative
endeavour? Probably because it is frustratingly, unnecessarily divorced
from the work itself. the creation of a piece and its documentation should
be a single activity. Instead, I finish the work and tell myself, "oh, no,
now i need to document this..." and it's like going through the whole
procedure again, but without having any of the fun.

cheers, and thanks for the idea cam+ned,

em