Re: Interactive la musique? - reflections

Subject: Re: Interactive la musique? - reflections
From: Alexandra Hettergott (a.hettergott@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Wed Apr 07 1999 - 05:55:37 EDT

Another "wandering further" following Rosemary Mountain...:
>(...) maybe the public IS a specific, known, discerning one, and the ideas
>are not so fragile that they can't be expressed in a variety of ways,
>in which case there is a certain flexibility of the language/means chosen.

-- A certain flexibility might be achieved even by common and "ordinary" means :
So I think the "Ghost Train" initiated by "Studio Forum" (Ph. Blanchard) has been a
good example for an interactive *procedure* yielding a "composition", i.e., above all
"composite" in its original sense, though fixed in its final state.
At "Fnac" I did recently see a CD with 68 ea pieces (list members Zanési and Vérin
included) all of considerable short duration, with the "recommendation" that one
should use the "shuttle" button of the CD player for playing them... -- No
"inter"action, yet a way to assign chance an "active" role regarding the (always
temporary) compositional design. And a little more eventful and inventive, too.
Alexandra Hettergott.