Re: Interactive la musique? - reflections

Subject: Re: Interactive la musique? - reflections
From: Dennis Bathory-Kitsz (bathory@maltedmedia.com)
Date: Mon Apr 05 1999 - 11:43:05 EDT

At 15 42 04 05 1999 +0200, Rosemary Mountain <mountain@ua.pt> wrote:

>possible uses for HyperMusic -- the technology of hypertext
>applied to a musical score. Although no one seemed clear what this
>would mean, it suggests that the listener would be at a computer while
>listening, and would have the option to "click" onto given points of the
>music to hear more/different/etc sounds.

Two years ago I put a sample of this idea in *very* rudimentary form on my
website. It's still there at:
 http://maltedmedia.com/examples/

As I said, it's rudimentary, but gives an idea of possibilities of
hypertext in music. (Some browsers may not show the embedded Midi frame
properly, but it can be reached by backing out and back from the frame or
reloading the frame. Sorry, it's old code, and was just an example ... when
there was still an argument at all about frames in HTML!)

Dennis
http://maltedmedia.com/