Re: 13e Concours national de jeunes compositeurs de Radio-Canada

Subject: Re: 13e Concours national de jeunes compositeurs de Radio-Canada
From: Justin Mariner (mariner@music.mcgill.ca)
Date: Sun Mar 14 1999 - 19:40:03 EST

On Sun, 14 Mar 1999, KEVIN AUSTIN wrote:

> In Luc Beauchemin's letter to the CBC / SRC he questions why the members
> of the jury for the Young Composers Competition were in the balcony,
> rather than in the center of the listening space -- where the real action
> is.

(snip)

I hardly want to speak on behalf of those responsible for the competition,
but I have some info that might tide people over until the powers that be
give their official response.

A colleague who was a finalist in the electro category tells me that the
judging took place during the dress rehearsal, at which time the judges
were in fact on the main floor of the concert hall.

Justin Mariner

Justin Mariner
http://www.music.mcgill.ca/~mariner/home.html