Re: new students

Subject: Re: new students
From: Don Malone (dmalone@roosevelt.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 03 1999 - 17:17:53 EST

>For the past couple of years, here in the Department of Music we have been
>>getting enquiries about admissions from people who claim no traditional
>>instrument (just sampler or in a few cases, turntable). They seem to
>apply to a >Department of Music because it is 'the closest' they can come
>to finding >training (beyond commercil / technical school).

a few of these new ea musicians have come my way
i find them facinating
i am learning a lot from them & they are progressing very well
unfortunately i cannot interest my college in educating them
they do not fit into the curriculum based on performing ancient european music
so they major in phil, computer sci, etc
i wish there could be a way to have them in my college

happy tunes
Don

312)341-6477

Don't anthropomorphize computers. They hate that.