Re: Loud enough??

Subject: Re: Loud enough??
From: fern GE (ferge@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Wed Mar 03 1999 - 13:19:50 EST

I agree with the remarks of JM Pelletier. The projectionists
duties concern involving the audience in the sound experience.

I think the usual complain about extremely loud levels is
related to the perception of dynamically uncompressed signals,
particularly in ranges of the audible spectrum ( > 5 kHz )
that are often populated by very soft partials.

As well, the extreme dynamic range explored by some electronic
pieces paradoxically demands constant adjustments of the projection
levels. Peaking is perhaps the main offender.

fern GE