Re: Akai disks on Mac

Subject: Re: Akai disks on Mac
From: Garth Paine (garth@creativeaccess.com.au)
Date: Sun Feb 28 1999 - 21:31:04 EST

>With reservation, I'll mention MESA II, an unreliable interface with the
>Akai S2000. The only thing that seems to work reliably is transferring
>soundfiles from and to the MAc. And I don't know if it handles S1000. Anna
>Rubin

MESA does not interface ata ll with the S1000. For this reason , and a lot
more memory etc, I have upgraded to an S3000XL which works with MESA very
well. You can of course load the S1000 into the S3000 and then take the
sound into the MAC via MESA.

I too would like to mount S1000 floppies of which I have a great deal onto
the MAC directly, and I would also dearly love a disk repair utility for
the S1000 disks many of which now say they are unreadable, which I am sure
is not hard to fix with the right software.

Cheers,

Garth

See information about my new immersive interactive sound installations
http://creativeaccess.com.au/~garth/

. Composer, Sound Designer
.. Interactives Designer
... Interactive Installation Artist