Re: IRCAM press release

Subject: Re: IRCAM press release
From: Palle Dahlstedt (palle.dahlstedt@home.se)
Date: Thu Feb 25 1999 - 03:04:10 EST

At 00:15 1999-02-25 -0500, you wrote:
>No composers using PC DAWs on this list?

Well, yes, and I'm very happy with it. I think it's a question of different generations also - most younger people working with sound/music buy PCs, probably because of the price and the wide range of cheap semiprofessional audio hardware and software. But I don't want a PC-Mac debate!! :-) Just wanted to comfort Dennis - you're not alone.

Personally I'm longing for the Linux version of jMax. It should be ready by now (it's mentioned in their press release but I believe it when I see it).

Palle

Palle Dahlstedt, composer
palle.dahlstedt@musik.gu.se or
palle.dahlstedt@home.se