Monahan in Vancouver

Subject: Monahan in Vancouver
From: Darren Copeland (darcope@interlog.com)
Date: Tue Feb 23 1999 - 12:04:32 EST

Gordon Monahan visits Vancouver!!! Inquire below for more details!

>Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 13:04:32 -0700
>To: us@intouch.bc.ca
>From: Vancouver New Music <newmusic@direct.ca>
>Subject: Concert Announcement
>

> Contact: Julie Smith
> Western Front 878-7448
>WESTERN FRONT NEW MUSIC
>presents
>SOUNDS IN SPACE
>Canadian composer/sound artist GORDON MONAHAN at Science World
>and The Western Front
>
>Sounds in Space @ Science World
>
>Canadian composer/sound artist Gordon Monahan returns to Canada from Berlin
>to produce an innovative new work commissioned by Western Front New Music.
>Designed exclusively for Science World Sounds in Space is an interactive
>sound environment constructed from recycled materials, electronic surplus
>and modified percussion instruments that engages science, music, computers,
>technology and performance art. Evening performances are February 24, 27 &
>28 at 8:00 pm.
>
>Tickets: $12 (Adults)/$10 (Science World & Western Front members)/$6
>(children).
>Advance tickets can be purchased through Science World by phone
>443-7510. Service charges apply.
>

>Sounds in Space Family Programs @ Science World
>In addition to the full-length evening performances, a weekend Family
>Program of Sounds in Space is offered for 30 minutes twice daily on
>Saturday, February 27 & Sunday, February 28. Family Programs are free with
>admission to Science World with shows beginning at 11:50 am & 1:50 pm.
>

>Rudderless Voyage Cabaret @ The Western Front
>
>Monahan will also perform with his partner Laura Kikauka and guests in
>Rudderless Voyage an evening of cabaret performance on Saturday February
>20, 8:00 pm at the Western Front. These "Irritainment"
>interventions-brought to you by the creators of Schmalwald (Berlin) and The
>Funny Farm (Ontario)-include Electric Organ and Karaoke performances,
>cooking demonstrations, auctions, live tie shredding, projections of
>pointless imagery and hobby activites. Tickets are $7/5 (Western Front)
>members.
>

>_______t_h_e__W_e_s_t_e_r_n___F_r_o_n_t_______
> an artist-run center
>
>PLEASE! direct your reply, put in the subject:
>Gallery - Music - Performance - Media - Admin - FrontMag
>
>303 east 8th ave Vancouver BC Canada V5T1S1
>tel: (604) 876-9343 fax:(604) 872-4099

*****

> The above announcement is part of a new initiative by Vancouver New
>Music, Vancouver Pro Musica and a number of other new music organizations
>in the Vancouver area to bring about a greater awareness of their
>activities.
> There will likely be a concert annoucement a few times a month on
>this list. If you wish to be removed from the list please reply to this
>email and we will promtly take you off.
>
>V a n c o u v e r N e w M u s i c
>

> email - newmusic@direct.ca
> website - http://www.newmusic.org

> [...]

Darren Copeland

--------
darcope@interlog.com

For more background on my work, contact my web site at:
http://www.interlog.com/~darcope

Click on New Adventures in Sound for more information about Sound Travels.

For info about the CEC, contact their web site at:
http://cec.concordia.ca