Prix Ars '99 supposed bigotry

Subject: Prix Ars '99 supposed bigotry
From: Vivian Adelberg Rudow (vivian@peabody.jhu.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 23 1999 - 10:43:34 EST

> I have no quarrel with "Digital Musics" as terminology for this
> competition; however, the banishment of the term "computer music"
> is, by implication, done for the wrong reasons: racial and gender and
> medium bias....wrong, wrong, wrong.
>
> Larry Austin

I don't understand the thread of this post & related posts as I missed
some of them.

Why in the world would anyone think that a name or topic includes or
excludes women?

Who cares anyway? Women compose in all fields under any title.

Vivian Adelberg Rudow (Vickie)

Next performance of WITH LOVE, cello & tape (CD), April 18, 1999, 3:00pm,
Heidelberg College, Tiffin Ohio, Mairi Dorman, cellist, Brian Bevelander,
festival Chairperson.

vivian@peabody.jhu.edu