Re: encouraging polemics and reflection...

Subject: Re: encouraging polemics and reflection...
From: Rosemary Mountain (mountain@ua.pt)
Date: Sat Feb 20 1999 - 06:50:14 EST

DG Malham wrote:

> I have often wondered if the higher beat rate of modern dance related pop
> music as compared to, say, the sixties, could be tied to the higher
> average speed of modern car windscreen wipers :-)

And I have wondered if the lack of rhythmic complexity in some modern
music could be tied to the fact that the modern windshield wipers are
synchronized, and no longer provide the complex polyrhythms which
sometimes needed many seconds before they both reached the temporary
synchronization of being at the far left-hand side of their respective
cycles....

rosemary

  Dr. Rosemary Mountain
  University of Aveiro