Re: HD recording/editing for PC

Subject: Re: HD recording/editing for PC
From: Dr.Godfried-Willem RAES (Godfriedwillem.Raes@ping.be)
Date: Tue Feb 16 1999 - 17:33:53 EST

At 16:33 16-02-99 -0000, you wrote:
>I'm constantly being asked by students what shareware/freeware is available
>for PCs which might enable them to do some HD recording & editing & some
>processing at home. Since the studios here are Mac-based, I don't have
>enough experience to make reliable suggestions. Any thoughts?

There is really plenty of possibilities in PC land.
One is to advise them to use Cakepro, a sequencer program that does HD
recording very well. No extra hardware required.

If they are into programming, its very easy to get something working using
the Win32Api.

Regards,

Godfried-Willem Raes

Dr.Godfried-Willem RAES
LOGOS FOUNDATION Center for New Music Production
Postal adress: Kongostraat 35
Logos Tetrahedron concert hall: Bomastraat 26-28

9000 GENT BELGIUM

tel.:[32]-9-2238089 fax.:[32]-9-2250434
email: godfriedwillem.raes@ping.be
VISIT LOGOS' MEGAWEBSITE: http://www.ping.be/logos