HD recording/editing for PC

Subject: HD recording/editing for PC
From: Alistair MacDonald (a.macdonald@rsamd.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Feb 16 1999 - 11:33:21 EST

I'm constantly being asked by students what shareware/freeware is available
for PCs which might enable them to do some HD recording & editing & some
processing at home. Since the studios here are Mac-based, I don't have
enough experience to make reliable suggestions. Any thoughts? These are
mostly performers with little experience of computers (apart from the Pro
Tools they use here), so the simpler the better with waveform display...

thanks

Alistair

Dr Alistair MacDonald | +44 (0) 141 332 4101 ext 302
Director, Electroacoustic Studios | email alistair@rsamd.ac.uk
Royal Scottish Academy of Music & Drama | http://www.rsamd.ac.uk
Renfrew Street, Glasgow, G2 3DB, UK | http://www.demon.co.uk/sonicart/