Re: reviews of Copeland, Bouhalassa and Subotnick

Subject: Re: reviews of Copeland, Bouhalassa and Subotnick
From: KEVIN AUSTIN (KAUSTIN@vax2.concordia.ca)
Date: Thu Feb 04 1999 - 06:10:31 EST

Richard continued:

>At 12:09 PM -0800 02/03/99, Anomalous Records wrote:
>
>>I don't doubt that most of us on the list know who he is and was.

>Sorry if I posted obvious information. I wasn't aware that Ramon was so
>well known in Canada, other than as an historical figure.

Until Joel's excellent survey: Electric Sound, the Past and Promise of
Electronic Music (Prentice Hall), there was no single strong source on
the history of ea/cm. <cecdiscuss> is not really a 'Canadian' list ...
check out the 350 people in the 18 countries who are here.

Kevin

Kevin Austin
kaustin@vax2.concordia.ca

CECDISCUSS List Administrator
Vous pouvez ecrire en francais ou en anglais.

Can anyone provide a source?

History of Electronic Music: Part One, compiled and written by: William A
Johnson, Charles R McHugh, Howard Rice, Thomas L Rhea (after 1968. 40
pages). No copyright info, no publication info.

A quite detailed exposition of Cahill's work.

Thanks

kaustin@vax2.concordia.ca