Re: Jaz problems

Subject: Re: Jaz problems
From: Alistair MacDonald (alistair@rsamd.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Jan 29 1999 - 06:10:43 EST

>For detailed information and free diagnostic program for Windows, see here:
>http://grc.com/ This is a *great* program with *lots* of detailed help
>... I use it all the time to make sure my Zip disks and drives (40 disks, 3
>drives) are working well. I've had one dead disk in 3 years.

Looks great.... but is there anything similar out there for Macs?

I have 4 1GB Jaz drives, 35 disks, only a couple of problems in 2 years,
all fixed by reformatting. Disks don't travel very far, but are used by
students bringing Pro Tools sessions from the smaller studios to the main
teaching studio for classes. It would be nice to have some test software
though...

Alistair

 Dr. Alistair MacDonald | email: alistair@rsamd.ac.uk
 Director of the Electroacoustic Studios | tel:(+44) 141 332 4101 ext.302
 Royal Scottish Academy of Music & Drama | fax:(+44) 141 353 0372
 Renfrew St., Glasgow, G2 3DB, Scotland | http://www.rsamd.ac.uk/
                                         http://www.demon.co.uk/sonicart/