Re: Jaz problems

Subject: Re: Jaz problems
From: Dennis Bathory-Kitsz (bathory@maltedmedia.com)
Date: Thu Jan 28 1999 - 11:18:00 EST

At 15 35 01 28 1999 +0100, Rosemary Mountain wrote:
>Can someone fill me in on this? I just bought my first ZIP drive.....

Zip drives, as they get old or abused, can lose information on their disks.
The 'clicking' is the head repositioning. If it happens a lot, it usually
means something has gone awry with the drive -- sometimes the head itself
has broken off, damaging any disk you put in it.

For detailed information and free diagnostic program for Windows, see here:
http://grc.com/ This is a *great* program with *lots* of detailed help
... I use it all the time to make sure my Zip disks and drives (40 disks, 3
drives) are working well. I've had one dead disk in 3 years.

Dennis
http://maltedmedia.com/