Re: On 8 speakers

Subject: Re: On 8 speakers
From: DG Malham (dgm102@york.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Jan 25 1999 - 05:51:05 EST

>From long experience dealing with multi-channel formats of various sorts,
I would strongly recommend that as well as the usual test tones at the
start of the recording, voice id's should be used on each channel - an
announcement that "This channel is for the center front speaker" (or, in
the case of Ambisonic material, "This is the X channel" etc) is a lot more
reliable than labelling and can save a LOT of potential confusion.

        Dave

/* Dave Malham "http://www.york.ac.uk/depts/music/dgm.htm" */
/* Music Technology Group "http://www.york.ac.uk/inst/mustech/welcome.htm"*/
/* Department of Music "http://www.york.ac.uk/depts/music/welcome.htm" */
/* The University of York Phone 01904 432448 */
/* Heslington Fax 01904 432450 */
/* York YO1 5DD */
/* UK 'Ambisonics - Component Imaging for Audio' */
/* "http://www.york.ac.uk/inst/mustech/3d_audio/ambison.htm" */