Re: MIDI to WAV conversion

Subject: Re: MIDI to WAV conversion
From: Daniel Romano (dv_roman@alcor.concordia.ca)
Date: Fri Jan 22 1999 - 01:07:51 EST

Dr. Punita G. Singh wrote...

>Hi
>--- I am having trouble converting a MIDI file to WAV. What's the best
>way? Sound recorder generates too much noise. Going via CD-writer
>does'nt help. Going to DAT and back as WAV seems to be the next option
>to try. Anything easier, better ??

Hello!

Fortunately, there is an easier way. But the appropriate solution is
dependant on the answers to the the following questions...

1) What platform is being used? (WAV implies Windows?!)
2) Is MIDI playback via a soundcard and/or tone module?
3) Is your sequencer software or hardware based?

Bye.

Daniel Romano