Re: digital 8-tracks?

Subject: Re: digital 8-tracks?
From: Steven Naylor (Steven.Naylor@dal.ca)
Date: Fri Jan 22 1999 - 00:11:09 EST

Kevin wrote (among other more positive things):

>Last year one studio was set up with eight speakers, but equipment
>failure this year (5 pairs of blown speakers in the studios and Department)
>have not allowed it to be done this year.

Not sure if it is applicable to your situation Kevin - or whether you've
already done so- but I found simply fusing our near-field speakers a good
solution. Cheap and easy to do - and as likely to save hearing as it is to
prevent speaker damage. Fuse size depends on the system, of course, but I
just used garden variety Radio Shack components and trial and error to find
fuse sizes that won't blow too easily.