CD release concert

Subject: CD release concert
From: Andrew Czink (aczink@sfu.ca)
Date: Mon Jan 18 1999 - 01:53:14 EST

                Hi there CECers!

        If you're in the Vancouver area earsay's 6th CD release concert in
the past 12 months is happening this coming Saturday Jan 23 8pm at the
Shadbolt Centre for the Arts. Tickets are $18/15. We're releasing German
composer/pianist Rainer Burck's new CD Without Fear featuring his work for
electroacoustics and acoustic solo instruments with interactive computer
electronics. He's being joined by German flutist Miriam Arnold and German
violinist Gunter Marx. The concert will also feature a large scale work for
two pianos and electronics created by Rainer and myself. It's shaping up to
be a very cool piece (OK, I know I'm biased eh). John Oliver will be taking
on the electronics part. Rainer's a crazy pianist; in many ways his style
is similar to mine. The dynamic and energy is fantastic and the rehearsals
have been going very well.
        If you're not in Vancouver, then check out our website (earsay.com)
for more details and to pick up a copy of the CD
        Hope to see you there,

        Cheers,

        Andrew

PS Here's the official e-release info:

___ DON'T MISS THIS!______

On JANUARY 23, 1999
earsay CD Launch and Concert: WITHOUT FEAR - Direct from Germany, earsay's
newest artist composer Rainer Buerck presents his electroacoustic and
computer-interactive music with guest performances by German musicians
Günter Marx, violin, and Miriam Arnold, flute. Special Release-Night price
for the CD!

earsay introduces their latest artist, German composer and pianist Rainer
Buerck who is coming to Vancouver to present an exciting evening of his
music to celebrate the launch of earsay's sixth release dedicated to his
music. There will also be a new work for two pianos and electronics
co-composed and performed by Vancouver's Andrew Czink and Mr. Buerck which
they are creating by email and mail.

Rainer Buerck studied piano and composition in Stuttgart, electronic music
in Nuremberg, and musicology and philosophy at the University of Tübingen.
Active as pianist and composer, Rainer Buerck's music and performances have
been heard throughout Europe, and on a 1996 solo tour of Canada and the
USA. Rainer Buerck's work STRINGendo for violin and computer was selected
to be performed at the 1997 SEAMUS Conference in Kansas City, and is just
one of the works that appears on his new earsay CD, and which audiences in
Vancouver will hear live for the first time on January 23.

TICKET & VENUE INFO
JANUARY 23, 1999, 8 pm at The Shadbolt Centre for the Arts, 6450 Deer Lake
Avenue, Deer Lake Park, Burnaby, BC, CANADA [exit 33 off Highway 1].
Tickets: $18/$15 at the door or in advance from Black Swan Records, 3209 W
Broadway, Vancouver, phone 734-2828, fax: 734-2899, or from earsay
productions, phone (604) 527-2358, World Wide Web http://earsay.com

[transit info available at our web site:
http://earsay.com/Pages/sections/resources/shadboltmap.html ]

        Andrew Czink

        earsay productions
        earsay.com