Re: Fwd: Petition against CD-R tax....Important...

Subject: Re: Fwd: Petition against CD-R tax....Important...
From: mwierc@po-box.mcgill.ca
Date: Tue Jan 12 1999 - 13:55:14 EST

My problem is in trusting the copyright associations to fairly distribute
the money to those who it belongs to. I have a feeling that Garth Brooks
and the Spice Girls will be upgrading to the $50 million mansion when their
royalty cheques come in, while composers such as ourselves won't see a
penny of that money.

I use CD-R's for data storage, audio backup and making CD's of my own music
for performances. I resent having to pay a tax to an industry which is
already too greedy and powerful for using a product honestly and fairly.

Marcel Wierckx