Re: NuBus Sound Cards

Subject: Re: NuBus Sound Cards
From: Shawn Pinchbeck (beams@telusvelocity.net)
Date: Thu Jan 07 1999 - 00:48:14 EST

Hi Mark,

New Soundblasters cost $50 or less for the garden variety. Sound quality is in
the 70-75db S/N, and frequency response graph looks funny, but useful if you
can't afford better.

A much better card for $100 is the old Audiotrix Pro. Media Trix are dumping
them they have a new card out, it originally sold for $450. It has less gaming
compatibility than soundblasters (who cares), but specs out in the 80-85db S/N
and much flatter frequency response. It gives my $700 ADB card a run for its
money. Also, they are made in Quebec (maybe you can work a deal with them
being local and all).

Hope this helps,

Shawn Pinchbeck
shawnp@telusvelocity.net