Re: translation of Nattiez?

Subject: Re: translation of Nattiez?
From: Roy Stephane (royst@ERE.UMontreal.CA)
Date: Wed Jan 06 1999 - 14:28:06 EST

"Dela semiologie a la musique" was published in the same time than
"Musicologie generale et semiologie" (a year later). I don't know if
there is a translation of the first one but there is one in English for
"Musicologie genrale et semiologie". "De la semiologie a la musique" is
a collection of articles (some from the begining of the 70's) while
"Musicologie generale et semiologie" is a synthesis of the topics
concerning the application of semiology to music.

Stephane Roy

On Wed, 6 Jan 1999, Steven Naylor wrote:

> Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 02:00:02 -0400
> From: Steven Naylor <Steven.Naylor@dal.ca>
> To: cecdiscuss@concordia.ca
> Subject: translation of Nattiez?
>
> Does anyone know if Jean-Jacques Nattiez' 'de la sémiologie à la musique'
> has been translated into English?
>
> And if so, does anyone know of a Canadian institutional library that has a
> copy (thinking of an interlibrary loan......)
>

> Thanks in advance.

Stephane Roy, compositeur Telephone/phone:(418) 877-7061
4918 rue Lionel-Groulx, app. 202 Telecopie/fax:(514) 343-5727
St-Augustin-de-Desmaures (Quebec) CANADA G3A 1Z5
Poste electronique/email: royst@ere.umontreal.ca