Re: Composing

Subject: Re: Composing
From: Dennis Bathory-Kitsz (bathory@maltedmedia.com)
Date: Mon Jan 04 1999 - 12:23:33 EST

At 12 06 01 04 1999 -0500, Linda Seltzer wrote:
>John mentioned composing in one's sleep. I have definitely had
>dreams of electronic sounds.

Yes, this can be exciting. I often dream bits of pieces I'm struggling
with, and solve them that way. Dreaming seems to keep the intellect swept
aside long enough to create something interesting! I have also dreamed two
complete pieces over the years. I recalled them long enough to write down
precisely when the dreams 'broke'. One (i cried in the sun aida) was quite
good and has stood up well since 1973.

Dennis
http://maltedmedia.com/