So you want to be a Quant ...
... or study Mathematical and Computational Finance.
Then the BA/BSc
in Mathematical and Computational Finance offered by the
Department of Mathematics and
Statistics at Concordia
University may be what you are looking for.
In case you need more information here is a partial list of
to some common questions.
is a "Quant"?
- What is
- What is
- Mathematics and mathematicians have received a lot of bad press due
to the "financial crisis". Two views:
- Where can I find out more information?
There are several resources you can find on the web or books
you can read about quants or becoming a quant. I've listed a few, even if
some are "cautionary tales" that I don't entirely agree with:
- Have a look at this video:
- Read these books:
- How I Became a Quant: Insights from 25 of Wall Street's
Elite. Barry Schachter (Editor) and Richard Lindsey (Editor), 2007.
- My Life as a Quant: Reflections on Physics and Finance.
Emanuel Derman, 2007.
- The Quants: How a New Breed of Math Whizzes Conquered Wall Street
and Nearly Destroyed It. Scott Patterson, 2010.
- Fooled by Randomness: The Hidden Role of Chance in Life and in
the Markets. Nassim Nicholas Taleb, 2005.
- The Black Swan: The Impact of the Highly
Improbable (2nd edition). Nassim Nicholas Taleb, 2010.
- When Genius Failed: The Rise and Fall of Long-Term Capital
Management. Roger Lowenstein, 2001.