Re: electrified

Subject: Re: electrified
From: Darren Copeland (darcope@interlog.com)
Date: Fri Dec 13 1996 - 13:44:10 EST

>The reason I have yet to compose a piece for tape and live performer(s)
>is that I have not in any of my conceptions for pieces been able to
reconcile what I see
>as the temporal and spatial contradictions that could occur between the two
elements.

As I have learned in theatre, successful integration of electroacoustic
sound with live performance basically boils down to where speakers are
placed in relation to the live performers and audience. The particular
placement you choose will contribute immensely to the particular
psychological effect you will have on the audience's perception of the piece
itself and it's live performance element.

Darren Copeland
darcope@interlog.com

For more background on my work, contact my web site at:
http://www.sloth.com/sloth/copeland